Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Review: the FURminator, a fistful of fur

After thinking about it for several months, I finally got the FURminator. I had been putting it off because of the high price (retail $35 for the size small brush), but even though I usually brush all the animals about once a week, I would still end up spitting out stray floating pet hairs from my mouth. So I finally got it from Amazon for about $22:
It feels nice and heavy in the hand, and the comb blade is sharper than you would expect. Brushing it across your arm, you can feel that it would irritate the animal if you press down too hard.

I immediately tried it out on all the animals, and delightful mountains of fur began to sprout from the animals. At first, the cats were irritated by the brushing, but if I brushed very lightly, they seemed to accept it more readily. Kushi was more indifferent to the brush. The FURminator works significantly better than the flea comb at pulling out the fur. The flea comb is better, though, at catching the fur in its comb, whereas the FURminator would leave the sheddings on top of the fur, leaving you to grab it off the animal. I usually start with the FURminator and finish off with the flea comb to pick up the stray hairs. The FURminator works especially well if your pet has an undercoat.

Sheboo wondering if this will make her look skinnier...


Enough fur to make another cat...

No comments: