Monday, October 22, 2007

A new raincoat, or Kushi does Sherlock Holmes

Although her red Puppia raincoat is nicely made and fits around her girth perfectly, it's too short for her longish body, and the hood refuses to stay on her head.
So I started looking for another raincoat that had a hat or detachable hood that would tie under a dog's chin, and I found this, a raincoat by Beanies and Belvedere:I ordered it in the size small, since it had a 14" length. The next smaller size has an 11" length, which is too short for Kushi's 13" body. Here's Kushi, modeling the raincoat in aqua, with the hood attached:
Obviously, it's too big for her girth, though the length covers her body well. Although it looks nicely made, the nylon material is not coated, and doesn't seem like it will repel water that well. I'll test it out in the next rain, and I'll probably end up spraying it with some water repellent coating. You can buy the raincoat at moderntails.com.

Why do you always make me wear these thingies?!?

No comments: