Monday, October 15, 2007

Reviewing pet mats: Sleep Ezz and Eco Nap

I originally got some West Paw Design Eco Nap pet mats (starting from , a x-small and small mat to go in the car and on top of the sofa for Kushi. The Eco Nap mats are made of recycled plastic bottles, but you wouldn't be able to tell at all from the mat.

The small mat in Willow/Bear.

They seem pretty sturdy and comfortable, and both Tigger and Kushi liked the mat.

Tigger: "Yes, verrry, verrry comfy..."

I used the x-small Eco Nap mat on my lap whenever I rode in the car with Kushi, since Kushi usually would otherwise use my body as a perch to take a look out the car window, and having her on the mat also helped keep my clothes clean. Although the x-small fits Kushi, I wanted to get a bigger mat to give her more room on the mat in the car.

The only drawback to the Eco Nap is that Kushi likes to dig and scratch at it for some reason, which causes a lot of lint to be scratched off it.

I wanted some more mats to put in the crate, so I bought another brand, Pet Dreams Sleep Ezz, which is cheaper and comes in several cute dual sided colors.

These cushions are soooo soft, and I like the colors. There is also a little loop attached to the mats. Here is the x-small mat in Kushi's crate.


Again, both Kushi and Tigger approved the mats, and when Kushi scratched at the mat, no fuzzy lint got scraped off.
Although I haven't personally washed the mats yet, both brands are machine washable, which is very convenient. Of the two brands, I'd recommend the Sleep Ezz, since it's cheaper, comes in cute colors and is very soft. On the other hand, if being more environmentally friendly is important to you, the Eco Nap is a fine choice as well.

No comments: